Audience Development Intern
Music is Universal
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences across multiple entry points and platforms and keep the world listening.
From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through to the soundtracks of Disney and new albums from legends such as The Specials, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.
Our vision is a world where music doesn’t have a sell-by date. We believe music is timeless and as guardians of the best music catalogues in the world, we use our passion and knowledge to help people find their new favourite song, whether it is 2 days or 2 decades old.
Our purpose is to continually spark a connection and reconnection with music that matters drawing on new content, new platforms and new moments. We give momentarily forgotten music the chance to reconnect with new and unexpected audiences through great storytelling regardless of generation and genre.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Organise and execute plans to grow bigger and more engaged audiences
- Assist with the delivery of digital assets, mailers, content, shoots, influencer work etc.
- Look after UMC-owned socials, mailers and streaming channels, including playlist optimisation
- Contribute fresh thinking and exciting ideas during workshops sessions
- Proactively seek out and report on innovation, new technology and trends in the digital space
- Co-ordinate key team and label meetings, arrange rooms and call details, agendas and minutes
- Additional ad hoc duties where required.
- Set up competitions; T&Cs, form building, communicate with winners, product mail out/arrangement for gig ticket collection
- Set up pages in Linkfire, testing final links for tracking and arranging adjustments during live periods
- Analyse individual and team performance, supporting the documentation of progress
- Schedule, publish, moderate content and respond to fans in the right tone
- Monitor competitor and industry activity, sharing observations regularly with the team
- Passionate about music with a desire to work in digital and progress in the music industry
- Knowledge of digital marketing & digital music developments
- Analytically minded and highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload
- Aptitude for technical tasks with the ability to learn quickly
- Experience using/ maintaining social networking sites & streaming services (e.g. Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music)
- Familiarity with creating email marketing and tools (e.g Mailchimp)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable dealing with people at all levels within the business
- Experience compiling and executing social communication plans
- Excellent IT skills; high proficiency in Photoshop, as well as all Microsoft office programs (specifically Excel & Word)
- Sound understanding of social media analytics platforms
- Expert/regular user of a streaming platform
- Self-motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic
- Experience of working with in an office environment
- Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop and Dreamweaver)
- Experience working in the music industry (personal or professional)
- Video production + editing skills
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.