Metadata Support Manager
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
R2 is a Universal Music owned application that maintains and feeds repertoire metadata to downstream systems (such as scheduling, delivery, financial, rights etc).
As a Metadata Support Manager within the Metadata Support team, you will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of metadata within R2, through the triage and resolution of on-going business issues and requests that are reported to you from both the internal and external business.
You will utilise your strong interpersonal skills to build solid relationships with individual R2 users within dedicated territories (as assigned). By doing this, you will seek to empower those territories thus allowing them more responsibility to manage their own data.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Proactively check the territories’ data (by using various tools/methods provided), for specific business issues including:
- Identifying duplicate data (e.g. talent)
- Recognising missing data (e.g. copyright)
- Detecting incorrect data (e.g. to meet iTunes guidelines)
- Identify data themes, investigate root cause and clearly communicate analysis results.
- Triage complex data issues that are reported and provide viable solutions.
- Seek understanding of downstream systems/processes in order to enhance end-to-end knowledge.
- Manage daily workloads by assessing business priority in a timely manner (i.e. being aware of product release dates).
- Ask appropriate questions and liaise with key contacts and stakeholders.
- Ensure that complex issues are acknowledged within a given SLA and progress updates are provided to stakeholders.
- Perform regular data maintenance activities (such as swapping of binaries or transfer of repertoire ownership) promptly.
- Build strong relationships with given territories to increase their knowledge and understanding of metadata standards and downstream impacts:
- Identify training needs and provide targeted training
- Arrange regular communications
- Proactively raise and discuss data issues/themes with colleagues and line manager.
- Participate in and contribute towards group based data projects.
- Customer focused. Must be solutions-oriented with a positive attitude and strong work ethic and have an impeccable attention to detail.
- A detailed understanding of metadata requirements and related issues across all product types, media and genres.
- Strong understanding of the creation of metadata and how this is interpreted in:
- The differences between classical and non-classical music releases
- The requirements of physical supply chain divisions
- The requirements of financial reporting systems
- The needs of broadcast / neighbouring rights societies
- The needs of copyright / royalty divisions
- Strong interpretative skills – able to translate customer’s requests (or spot when more information is needed) into tasks that will solve the underlying issue (as this is not always clear from the outset).
- Quick learner: Experienced in being able to quickly understand new business information systems and processes.
- Ability to work closely with other team members while, at the same time, taking responsibility for personal workload.
- Excellent communication, reporting and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and be highly flexible in order to juggle priorities and meet all deadlines.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.