Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Spinnup is a forward-looking, disruptive part of Universal Music, the world’s biggest group of record labels. As a digital distribution platform, unsigned artists use Spinnup to distribute their music to music services like Spotify and Apple Music. Using machine learning, the data from these services can be used to predict which artists have the most potential, so they can be introduced to Universal’s labels.
We have a rare opportunity for a new product owner to join our small, friendly and dynamic team and contribute to the development of the industry’s most innovative approach to finding new musicians. Your contributions will help talented new musicians make their music, upload it, monitor their streaming, sales and social media performance, promote themselves online and manage their catalogue.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Understand our artist's needs, behaviours and pain points through research, data collection and feedback from support.
- Utilise data-driven insights and customer research to inform future product decisions.
- Create, collect, catalogue and help prioritise both major and minor improvements to the product.
- Manage the prioritised product backlog, helping to plan development sprints.
- Lead the discovery, scoping and requirements gathering phases of product development, involving key stakeholders or working groups as appropriate, to contribute to the service roadmap.
- Write detailed requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria that developers can follow easily.
- Develop mock-ups and wireframes to help guide the design process.
- Work with UX and UI designers to create beautiful and easy to use front-end designs.
- Deliver demos to team members, senior stakeholders and external partners.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the DIY distribution market and competitors' services in order to find gaps in Spinnup's offering.
- Work with developers and testers to ensure your visions are delivered faithfully and without major defects.
- Act as the main point of contact for suggestions, questions and internal support issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Being a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Experience documenting requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Experience using prototyping / wireframing tools.
- Ability to explain rationale for product decisions.
- Proactive with the ability to occasionally work within short timeframes under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt.
- Good understanding of software development process and available technologies (with experience in API, mobile or web development.)
- A passionate interest in new technologies, digital and the entertainment industry.
- Understanding of user-centred design concepts.
- Knowledge of Agile / Waterfall.
- Experience using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.