Data Analyst, eCommerce
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG eCommerce is seeking a data analyst to solve complex business and reporting questions to support our e-commerce and marketing businesses. You will be responsible for writing queries, building reports, and identifying trends against large data sets. You will also oversee and help to maintain a pipeline of data from existing sources while working with an engineering team to develop the integration of new sources into our warehouse.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Write queries and build dashboards to analyze large, complex sets of data
- Oversee and help maintain large stores of data
- Develop and oversee a roadmap of new data sources to meet business needs
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns
- Build systems and processes to ensure the consistency and accuracy of data
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-3 years’ experience of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. Experience within e-commerce.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Proficient in SQL
- Understanding of data modeling and ETL frameworks
- Experience in e-commerce analytics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Works well with a team
- Good with tight timelines and strict deadlines
- Motivated, takes initiative, and is looking to grow within the company
- Easily adjusts to shifting priorities
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, operations research, economics, computer science, or related field
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.