Universal Music Group Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville, and Mercury Nashville. Reading like a “who’s who” of Music Row, the combined rosters include Adam Hambrick, Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, Brandon Lay, Brothers Osborne, Carrie Underwood, Caylee Hammack, CB30, Chris Stapleton, Clare Dunn, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Gary Allan, George Strait, Hootie & The Blowfish, Jon Langston, Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Josh Turner, Kacey Musgraves, Kassi Ashton, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, Kylie Morgan, Lauren Alaina, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Maddie & Tae, Mickey Guyton, Parker McCollum, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain, Travis Denning and Vince Gill.
How we LEAD:
- Administrative point person for finance team
- Implement all necessary system inputs for forecast and plan submissions
- Complete various presentations summarizing projections and actual results
- Aid in financial analysis. Escalate anomalies, suggest action points to Director
- Initiate invoicing requests and maintain check register
How you’ll CREATE:
- Learn and maintain systems expertise across all UMG finance and consumption tools: SAP (and associated add-ins, BPC, Analysis), HFM, MicroStrategy, Domo
- Prepare and/or analyze ad Hoc reports related to financial performance, KPIs and consumer behaviors (ex: cost analysis, Marketshare, profitability, industry trending, vendor studies)
- Request and oversee invoicing in conjunction with Sundry department
- Claim Cash Receipts and Unapplied Revenues
- Maintain Check Register
- Prepare physical album order report
- Prepare Market Share detail from MRC
- Maintain ongoing artist roster changes and release schedule changes, as it relates to financial forecast
- Maintain ongoing calendar for finance department deadlines.
Month End Close responsibilities
- Pull monthly sales detail from system and transfer to local file
- Work with Central Accounting group on any sales and overhead reclasses
- Aid in inventory analysis and reserve/scrap decisions
- Prepare Overhead variance detail reports by cost center and account
- Collate monthly Executive book compiling information across all areas of Sales, P&L, CFFO, Risk/Opps, Market share for UMG Nashville and subsidiaries (SLN)
- Discuss and input changes by artist across all sales types into forecasting system.
- Prepare marketing changes by artist and category for FY projections and input to forecasting system.
- Prepare overhead estimates by cost center and account and input to forecasting system.
- Brainstorm upcoming Risk/Opps in conjunction with finance team.
- Review and revise plan/forecast driver inputs
Bring your VIBE:
- Driven by accuracy of results
- Proven high level of organization and attention to detail
- Positive and professional attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn fast and retain detailed information and instructions
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish