Manager, Commercial Partnerships
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Commercial Partnerships supports the partner specific team in the areas of account service, communication, and analysis with revenue and marketing focused responsibilities. Responsible for day-to-day operations and mentoring the team coordinators. This position supports multiple accounts (YouTube, Google, Vevo, TikTok).
How you’ll CREATE:
- Revenue and Operations focused responsibilities:
- Manage and create processes to oversee the operationalization and execution of commercial terms, utilizing various UMG platforms/systems and partner CMS.
- Work with partners and labels to implement best practices across the various platforms including video/channel/profile/content optimization and strategy
- Revenue and Marketing Support
- Identify and communicate New releases/catalog, Label Priorities and promotional opportunities across all digital products
- Strategize with label and partners on specific marketing initiatives
- Social Media and Audio/Visual Marketing: Identify opportunities and guide execution of social media outreach and playlisting strategy with partners and content providers.
- Managing and updating Hit List
- Streaming, Sales and Promotional event analysis
- Manage analysis requests with partner and internal analysis teams
- Customer service:
- Oversee Vevo request queue
- Reconcile metadata across partner & UMG databases
- Work with Digital Ops/Rights Management teams to troubleshoot and resolve delivery/claiming issues
Bring your VIBE:
- Working understanding of basics of digital/video supply chain, metadata, rights management
- Familiarization with current, new, and upcoming content/social media platforms
- Knowledge of UMG labels/artists/releases
- Experience with analytics and social media/influencer digital marketing
- Working knowledge and understanding of UMG internal systems a plus. Ability to quickly learn new systems a must
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in business operations, analysis, sales or marketing experience at music company, media company or digital partner
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Office and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building with labels and partner
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment
- Inherent analytical and quantitative skills with experience in social media, UGC and digital marketing
- Intuitive thinker able to quickly identify problems and design best solutions to resolve issues and optimize efficiencies
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and product consumption
- Familiarity with and user of multiple platforms, products and services
- Strong interest in music and pop culture, with extensive knowledge of current and catalog music titles and artists across all music distribution companies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.