Manager, Data Analytics
Universal Music Group Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville and Mercury Nashville. Reading like a “who’s who” of Music Row, the combined rosters include Adam Hambrick, Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, Brandon Lay, Brothers Osborne, Carrie Underwood, Caylee Hammack, CB30, Chris Stapleton, Clare Dunn, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Gary Allan, George Strait, Hootie & The Blowfish, Jon Langston, Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Josh Turner, Kacey Musgraves, Kassi Ashton, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, Kylie Morgan, Lauren Alaina, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Maddie & Tae, Mickey Guyton, Parker McCollum, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain, Travis Denning and Vince Gill.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group Nashville (UMGN) is currently seeking a Manager of Data Analytics reporting directly to the VP, Data Analytics & Strategy. This position within the Data & Research Team will focus on producing and distributing key industry and artist reporting. The position requires a strong skill set in analyzing and presenting data.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Own the production of all existing reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis within Universal Music Group Nashville (UMGN).
- Distribute recurring artist and partner reporting to appropriate label and management teams.
- Monitor, maintain and certify all eligible content for Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Develop and produce ad-hoc reports for a wide range of needs across UMGN on a timely, as-needed basis.
- Collaborate with Data & Research Team on additional projects as needed.
Bring your VIBE:
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite with heavy Excel work required.
- A passion for data, especially for creating clear and concise reporting
- Experience using music industry and DSP reporting tools, such as MRC Connect, Apple Connect, AM4A, etc.
- Working knowledge of the music industry, and an understanding of the current music consumption landscape
- A rabid desire to acquire knowledge from anywhere, whether related parallel industries to highly unlikely sources, and apply it to our situation with constant trial and error.
- A relaxed and confident approach to all business relationships internally and externally.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the music industry, with focus on data and industry reporting
- Undergraduate degree with highly relevant background required. Music Industry or Music Business majors preferred. Graduate degree or currently working towards an MBA is a plus.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish