Vice President, Software Development
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
How we LEAD:
The Vice President, Software Development is responsible for overseeing multiple software development teams working on major projects and initiatives. As a key member of the technology leadership team, you will be responsible for fostering a collaborative and effective team environment. You will work with the cross-functional business leader in setting and achieving the company’s goals and objectives.
The Vice President, Software Development reports to the Senior Vice President, Technology based in Victoria BC, Canada.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Plan for, staff and mentor software development teams for long term growth, cohesion and project completion
- Ensure best practices are being adhered to by the development teams
- Implement and review agile development practices with the development managers
- Review key performance metrics of the development teams
- Work with the development managers to continuously improve the output of their teams, and to provide technical leadership and direction
- Motivate and inspire the team to meet our targets and deliver products that wow our customers.
- Ensure team productivity by removing roadblocks and mitigating risks
- Work with stakeholders to ensure deliverables from development teams are meeting expectations
- Report quarterly progress to the executive leadership team
Bring your VIBE:
- 10+ years software development experience in any field (Music, Media and Finance Technology a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in providing technical leadership to a team of developers
- In-depth knowledge of software lifecycles and product development
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to inform decisions about products, technology, and teams
- Extensive track record in building high-performance development teams
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner training a plus
The successful candidate will have no reservations about diving into the details, having hands-on experience with many (if not all) of the following technologies:
- Cloud infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Programming Languages & Frameworks
- .NET Core
- Platforms & Tools
- Containerization (Docker)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Version control (Git)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment (Gitlab)
- Events/Message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Databases Relational/Document (Postgres, MongoDB)
- Indexing & Search (Elasticsearch)
- Function as a Service (OpenFaaS, Lambda)
- Big Data (Big Query, Apache Drill, S3)
- Authentication and Authorization
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.