Learning & Development Specialist (Contract)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Learning & Development Specialist is a critical position on our team responsible for supporting the design and delivery of training opportunities throughout Universal Music Group. The PDOE Specialist will report to the Head of People Development and Organizational Effectiveness while working closely with the entire PDOE team. This opportunity will be for an initial 6 month contract, with potential to be extended.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in the field of learning and development and seeks to grow in this career path. We are looking for someone who has the balance of skills, passion, and experience as indicated below and strives to be part of creating opportunities that enrich our employees’ development experience at Universal Music Group.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Consults with the HR team and business leaders to assess needs and identify opportunities to build and implement appropriate learning and development solutions to engage our employees.
- Designs and developments training content and materials that incorporate adult learning and instructional design principles.
- Able to adapt facilitation style to engage audiences across a spectrum of levels, functions, and needs.
- Provide daily management of Learning Management System (LMS) and serves as the point of contact for all LMS inquiries.
- Manage procurement processes for all vendors, including vendor registration, purchase order creation, processing invoices, reporting on budget actuals, and all inquiries from vendors or procurement department.
- Takes the lead on ad-hoc requests and projects that relate to their client group or as assigned by the Head of People Development and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Monitors and analyzes the effectiveness of PDOE programs, processes, and systems to suggest improvements and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide administrative support, coordination, and communication of learning and talent programs; includes logistics, scheduling, room booking, marketing, and training materials.
Bring your VIBE:
- Passionate about developing people and enriching their overall work experience.
- Skilled at assessing needs, presenting creative solutions, developing action plans, and executing results.
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts and external vendors across multiple disciplines to build and deliver innovative solutions.
- Experience supporting OD or talent management projects like engagement surveys, change management, or performance management.
- Exceptional communication skills - written, oral, and presentation/platform skills.
- Strong relationship management skills, utilizing a collaborative work style.
- Team player with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, manage, and execute multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- A self-motivated problem solver who approaches roadblocks with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent research abilities.
- At least 2 years of experience consulting with all levels of business leaders and HR Business Partners to identify learning needs and provide recommendations.
- At least 2 years of experience designing and facilitating learning solutions.
- At least 1 year of experience providing LMS administrative support.
- Certified in at least one or more assessment/feedback instruments (e.g. DISC, MBTI, ECI, ILS, OCS, Firo-B, TKI, Social Styles, 360 assessments, etc.), a plus.
- A graduate degree in organization development, industrial/organizational psychology, organization behavior, leadership development, or related area preferred.
- Travel up to 25% (greater Los Angeles area, New York, Nashville, Philadelphia, Toronto)
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.