We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Verve Label Group (VLG), comprises some of the greatest label imprints in jazz, classical and beyond including Decca Records, Deutsche Grammophon, Impulse!, Verve Records, and Verve Forecast, among others. VLG’s current roster includes Max Richter, Jon Batiste, Diana Krall, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank and the Bangas, Ondara, Blake Mills, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham and many more.
How we LEAD:
The Verve Label Group is currently looking for a Publicity Assistant to support the label. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the music/entertainment field in a supporting role and be able to multi-task and prioritize.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high - pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Research, clip, and circulate relevant press hits to the team and management
- Assist in booking press days in NYC and cover when necessary
- Help obtain contact information for new writers using Muck Rack
- Attend artists' shows in NYC to manage guest lists/press
- Keep up with relevant industry/entertainment news
- Tour, online, regional print/TV and fanzine press
- Pitch writers in local markets to obtain press coverage for artists on tour
- Field incoming press calls and handle accordingly; answer phones
- Field incoming media requests via phone, fax, mail, and e-mail
- Coordinate all travel
- Process department invoices, PO’s, expenses, order office supplies
- Work occasional projects as assigned
- Write and/or edit press releases, media alerts and biographies
- Assist and work at label and special events
- Handle requests for tickets and photo passes
- Work with artist’s management to schedule interviews (in-person and over the phone) for features and previews and connect phone interviews to ensure everything goes smoothly
- Coordinate servicing of advanced music and press materials
- Maintain/update publicity database and materials
Bring your VIBE:
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
- The ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced working environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Uniport/SAP
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- 1-2 years of music or entertainment experience
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.