VIP Support Specialist
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you’ll LEAD:
We are seeking a talented VIP Support Specialist to join our IT Client Services team.
The objective of this role is to provide professional and timely support to our VIP Clients by offering both “in home” support and office executive support on a wide range of IT and AV equipment, software, and conference systems within a global organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills as well as a commitment to supporting our team values: Being of service to our clients; having a passion for our work; exemplifying integrity in all that we do and acting with courage by doing the right thing for our clients and business.
The role will suit a candidate who has the interpersonal skills to complement their technical skills and is someone who can empathize with the client’s perspective and simplify technical information. The suitable candidate will also have a sense of urgency and a strong desire to provide outstanding service.
The service provided is high visibility front line concierge level support for VIP/Senior Management, including “in home” support.
The normal hours of coverage are 9am to 6pm, however additional hours (including weekends) may be required for special projects or events. The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player, able to assist their colleagues, and be able to contribute to overall team goals, whilst also being comfortable and able to remain productive when working alone.
Our current AV environment is a mix of audio with Zoom, Crestron, and Polycom at the core of our conferencing solution. The environment is a mixture of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac devices, with a diverse and demanding user community that expects a consistent level of service quality.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Must have prior experience working with, and supporting Senior Executives / VIP users within an organization
- Provides concierge level support for VIP / Senior Management, including “in home” support
- Prioritizes and manages the VIP support queue and provides weekly reporting of VIP and Home support issues to management
- Provide support by diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and troubleshooting basic technology issues
- Talking clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face, over the telephone or remotely, to help resolve issues or configure systems
- Install and configure computer and AV hardware and software
- When required, can operate in shifts at our walk-up service bar
- Support the roll-out of new applications, tools, and services
- Work with and provide support to engineering teams
- Video conferencing maintenance, setup, and support
- Engage with vendor support as required
- Follow standard procedures and written instructions to repair a fault or set up computer systems and AV equipment
- Maintain and update support information and actions in the IT Ticketing system, including procedural documentation, knowledgebase updates and relevant reports
- Other duties assigned as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Ability to manage multiple client’s priorities, coordinate activities and manage expectations
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and handle each request with discretion, tact, diplomacy, and patience
- Strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of technology
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Strong Mac and PC hardware troubleshooting and deployment skills
- Strong software application installation/troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with installing and supporting various third-party software
- Understanding of basic networking and network troubleshooting
- Familiarity with AV and video conferencing standards, practices, and technology
- Experience working with industry standard AV technology and tools (Crestron, Zoom, Polycom)
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow
- Respond within agreed time limits to incidents and service requests
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or escalating to another group where appropriate)
- Manage multiple cases with changing priorities
- Establish a good working relationship with customers and colleagues within IT
- Represent IT with professionalism and always demonstrating IT values
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with both PC and Mac platforms across a variety of operating systems
- Experience delivering services to and interacting with VIPs and Executives
- Minimum 1 year experience supporting a Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange/Office enterprise environment (medium to large office)
- Previous experience of supporting Apple hardware and software (MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Keynote, Mac OS, iOS)
- Experience with AV equipment, software, and conference systems.
- Previously worked as part of a team, collaborating effectively with colleagues and team members across IT
- Associate degree, with a focus on technology or music.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification or equivalent experience
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), or equivalent demonstrable experience
Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.