Marketing Executive (1 year contract)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are in search of a Marketing Executive (1 year contract) to be based in Singapore.
You Eat, Live, Breathe Music
Creativity runs in your blood
About this role
- Ability to “think outside the box” and be able to implement new and effective ways to market and promote assigned releases, always ahead of the game.
- Develop and manage marketing and promotional plans with repertoire owners and stakeholders globally to best promote and represent the label’s interests.
- Implement marketing plans and provide support to marketing teams in SEA markets.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Account Servicing teams to deliver innovative, effective and social media marketing campaigns
- Manage, and execute 360 marketing plans, with a good understanding of marketing mix, on and offline.
- Develop ideas and oversee content plans. Possess great understanding of content and social media marketing nuances.
- Organised and detailed oriented, ability to manage project from start to finish. Generate timelines of project needs and key dates with all departments and coordinate the efforts to meet all deadlines
- Analyze results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these to the team
- Maintain artist calendars and promotional itineraries
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related field (music, entertainment, marketing)
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of people (written, verbal, presentation)
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong in developing new and maintaining existing relationships
- Self-starter, able to work independently in the field day to day with little direct supervision
- Creative thinker
- Possess great understanding and knowledge in social media marketing
- Strong in event planning
- Proven knowledge and passionate about music and pop culture.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.