Coordinator, Market Development
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists, and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Market Development Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Market Development Team in the areas of partner and label support and service. Key support roles include distribution and communication of information, troubleshooting asset deliveries, and executing release plans.
The ideal candidate will help grow music consumption by assisting Capitol CMG’s ReThink Label and Market Development team as they develop relationships and strategies that equip Capitol CMG to continue to be the market leader in the Christian and Gospel genre. This candidate should be a dedicated team player, detail-oriented, and champion for innovation and relentless execution, developing resources that exceed the expectations of our partners (Label/Artist, CCMG staff, and Partners) in keeping with Capitol CMG’s Mission and Vision.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Maintain release schedule and marketing grids for the ReThink Label in Asana.
- Secure and file all new release and catalog assets/resources for the ReThink Label.
- Create new release links and optimize for effectiveness and partner needs
- Assist administratively with various account needs, i.e., research and data collection, new release affiliate links, update marketing detail (bio, images) to artist profiles and product pages, and other requests.
- Compile and distribute street week positioning reports & streaming charts.
- Utilize digital sales, streaming and marketing data to support partner opportunities
- Support ReThink partners by fielding requests, questions and sending consumption data
- Run various streaming reports and gather data to assist the ReThink team.
- Complete invoices for the ReThink team as assigned.
- Plan, coordinate, and book ReThink meetings and events as needed.
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities.
- Coordinate with teams on the timely creation and execution of marketing plans that are consistent with overall vision and strategy and effectively leverage the expertise of internal and external partners.
- Assist in presentation preparation including assembling Key Date Sheets, One Sheets, reporting, setting up video conferences, etc.
- Apply written and verbal communication skills to always establish highly productive working relationships. Emphasis should be on courtesy, discretion and diplomacy with outside parties, including artists, management, as well as in-house relationships.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
- Proactive, organized, and problem solution oriented.
- Demonstrates good decision-making skills while thinking quickly when all facts are not known.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building with labels and partner
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow through
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and desire to optimize processes and efficiencies
- Ability to be proactive by identifying potential issues and taking action to rectify
- Experience with analytics, search engine and social media marketing
- Strong interest in music and pop culture
- College degree preferred.
- Prior comparable experience preferred - marketing or entertainment experience a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish