Royalties Accounting Coordinator
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
How we LEAD:
The role will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of inbound publishing license income.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Receive publishing license income generated from external uses of CCMG copyrights, including domestic and foreign 3rd parties as well as from global territories within the UMG network
- Review and book all incoming receipts, including checks, wires, and inter-company transfers, as well as bank deposit preparation
- Maintain deposit logs of received income to facilitate the tracking and forecasting of future receipts
- Process all publishing license income, on a manual and upload basis, in order to report to our songwriters and publishing partners on an accurate and timely basis
- Research unmatched receipts and verify statement data accuracy with our internal systems
- Maintain integrity of the cross-reference database by mapping of 3rd party metadata to CCMG internal data
- Prepare journal entries for transactions affecting the assigned general ledger accounts, including routine month-end entries
- Prepare annual license income reconciliations for UMPG
- Assist in research and analysis for royalty audits, as needed
- Maintain strong working intra-divisional relationships with members of the Accounting & Publishing teams, as well as UMG global and 3rd party royalty sources
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- 1+ years' of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting and cash application principles
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Intermediate Excel skills and a basic understanding of Access preferred
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to manage many ongoing tasks at a time
- Accounting or Music Business degree preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.