Financial Analyst (Corporate Development/Deal Analysis)
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Capitol CMG finance team is looking to fill a financial analyst role to support the investment analysis and corporate development functions of the global leader in Christian Music. This role is responsible for supporting the full lifecycle management of both record marketing and publishing investment analysis activities including pipeline management, business analytics, valuation and financial analysis, and all aspects of the due diligence process. Therefore, the candidate will require solid analytical skills, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and strong communication/collaboration skills.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Conduct initial diligence process of Record Marketing and Publishing deals with the VP of Finance and CFO
- Extracting meaningful information from large datasets to support artist/writer signings and re-signings, publishing catalog acquisitions and label pricing analysis
- Analyze and organize information from both internal and external sources such as Universal Music Group’s proprietary databases, Nielsen, MRC and PRO royalty statements to support Record Marketing and Publishing deal analysis
- Review current or proposed Record Marketing and Publishing contracts to identify key deal points to help in deal analysis
- Preparation and review of all investment analysis models, deal memorandums, and supporting schedules for both Record Marketing and Publishing teams
- Summarize and coordinate the presentation of the deal analysis results to Capitol CMG and Universal Music Group Teams
- Work within defined deadlines and high-priority requests in direct support of the deal pipeline
- Identify opportunities to improve existing deal analysis models and templates
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Awareness of financial analysis metrics including trending analysis, NPV, IRR, ROI, etc.
- Must be able to meet the demands of a fast paced and dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Proven proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access (intermediate to advanced)
- Familiarity of data analysis tools such as SQL, Domo, Tableau, Google Big Query, etc.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, flexible personality, and ability to work independently
- Proven high level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and solid business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or another quantitative field. MBA considered a plus
- 2-3 years of related financial analysis experience in highly analytical roles preferably with an entertainment company
- Experience in managing up and across with various internal stakeholders
- Experience with safeguarding sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish