Head Of International D2C
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Working alongside the VP Commercial Affairs and within the wider Commercial Affairs team, you will be responsible for leading the strategy and co-ordination of the expansion of Universal’s D2C footprint internationally, communicating available UMG platform solutions and associated technologies, coordinating global stores and campaigns, providing commercial guidance and sharing best practice with multiple markets. You will help to define the one, three and five year strategy for global D2C, guiding the operationalisation of this channel. You will also be responsible for managing a D2C Commercial Manager.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Coordination of global d2c campaigns across current d2c markets
- Achievement of a set number of cross market, coordinated campaigns, allied to an associated revenue target.
- Grow International Revenue with key markets by 25% YoY.
- Liaise with UK & US International marketing teams, local labels and Classics & Jazz to grow the d2c channel.
- Host weekly calls with key markets to plan & execute campaigns, answering questions as necessary to facilitate coordinated international launches.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the D2C group, from Store Operations to UMG labels ensuring that campaigns are executed with delivery to the fan in mind.
- Ensure approvals from all internal and external parties on design, pricing, manufacturing deliverables and collaboration with D2C ops team on set up and delivery of product to the fan.
- Support the markets with pricing, sharing of best practice and all commercial initiatives.
- Development and adoption of campaign project management tool(s).
- Compile & manage the global D2C schedule to ensure markets have full visibility of all upcoming campaigns.
- Coordinate with analytics and finance teams to gather regular reporting and insights regarding sales, product offerings, trends, fan demographics, communicating these to the markets as required.
- Organise a global d2c summit bringing together key stakeholders to discuss strategy and direction.
- Identify additional ecommerce opportunities such as Amazon FBA.
Coordination of the international roll-out of the new global D2C stack
- Regular engagement with new markets, working with Global Supply Chain to advise the local infrastructure required - tech, commercial, fulfilment and customer service, ensuring that global standards are delivered and best practice adhered to where possible.
- Establish SMART migration/adoption plans, ensuring all global & local stakeholders are aligned.
Globalising Bravado campaigns
- Work with Bravado UK & US to deliver global campaigns across international markets and support Bravado with local adoption.
- Our aim is to deliver an agreed revenue target in ex US Bravado markets in 2019, via our campaign co-ordination.
Manage and work with Global d2c partners as it relates to the UMG ownership project
- Broader international communication of the global D2C strategy.
- Maximise revenue and margin from ‘ownership’ as it relates to ecommerce, having the right products at the right time and distributed in the most effective way, advising on d2c product and campaign offerings.
- Strong focus on collaboration and serving the needs of labels and markets, maintaining a clear vision of what will drive results in an extremely fast paced environment.
- A clear understanding of product P&L’s to ensure profitability and margin for the markets.
- Pro-active self-starter able to set and accomplish goals and work to established eComm group processes.
- Expert planning and project management skills.
- A good knowledge of D2C platform architecture, including but not limited to Magento and Shopify.
- D2C operations knowledge, with a clear view on product ideation and campaigns that can be executed by international store management and sourcing teams, delivering a great experience to the fan.
- Experience of working with technical systems and corresponding processes.
- A good working knowledge of eCRM and Google Analytics.
- Advanced internet user with experience using all common web browsers.
- Excellent understanding of the consumer online experience on various e-commerce platforms.
- An eCommerce and commercial background, with some international experience preferable.
- Some experience in Merchandise & clothing.
- Effective listener.
- Ability to manage, coach and set goals for direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of eComm trends.
- Multi-lingual an advantage but not essential.
- Understanding of music/entertainment industry.
- Keynote & PowerPoint user.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.