Audience Development Manager
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
In this role you will be responsible for driving the growth of audience driven KPIs for local marketing teams in Universal Music’s international markets, covering a complex portfolio of campaigns across email, mobile, social and paid channels.
Understanding key performance indicators is vital, along with a strong analytical mindset. Leveraging your data and performance marketing expertise from roles in fast paced, customer centric organisations, you will deliver actionable insights and initiatives that will drive long-term fan engagement, retention and lifetime value.
The successful candidate will report insights using relevant tools and present initiatives to key stakeholders within the business to challenge thinking, so strong communication skills are essential.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Responsible for campaign governance, analysis and reporting of local territories audience acquisition and engagement practices
- Using data, drive segmentation, targeting, personalization and automation tactics to improve engagement, conversion and ROI across owned marketing channels (email - batch, trigger, journeys, push, social, and SMS) and support multi-channel orchestration
- Deliver valuable insights across the consumer lifecycle and conversion funnel to central and local marketing teams to improve performance of local activity, campaigns and initiatives
- Use insight from data to advise on strategy and development areas
- Bring related thought leadership to help elevate a consumer centric approach to one that is routed in audience insight, robust segmentation and omni-channel execution
- Identify knowledge, technology and data gaps and assist in the onboarding and training of functional areas to improve performance, marketing practices and campaign effectiveness
- Identify emerging technologies and functional opportunities across the globe to drive innovation and impact
- Work with identified markets and central team to help implement strategic audience growth goals to build valuable UMG and artist audiences at scale
- Build mutually beneficial working relationships, partnership and rapport with client teams and stakeholders across the business
- Understand and rationalise valuable local business needs to drive development of central audience technology roadmap
- Identify new audience acquisition opportunities across international markets and manage integration of data from new platforms into the central audience stack
- Manage and drive an aggressive schedule of campaign testing, iteration and evolution
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects for the central team’s network of stakeholders across major labels, business units and local marketing teams
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve ad hoc, time sensitive data and technical issues to minimise disruption to business as usual operations and marketing performance
- Proven track record in data marketing
- Experienced performance marketer – strong testing, optimization and growth planning experience (across all channels)
- Experience in the use of sophisticated, CRM marketing solutions and technology with practical working knowledge of segmentation, targeting, omni-channel orchestration, automation and testing
- Hands on experience of an extensive range of consumer data reporting and analytics tools
- Experience in driving direct revenue growth through multi-channel and audience focused campaigns in fast paced direct to consumer businesses
- Experience of working in some capacity on the build, migration and integration of large-scale data and marketing technology projects
- Highly proficient in Excel, HTML, SQL and CSS
- Experience of identifying and driving development of emerging technologies across international markets
- Ability to communicate to and build relationships with people from all seniority levels and diverse cultures
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to cope with multiple projects and business areas at the same time
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate locally and internationally, align global strategies, deliver business objectives and meet KPIs.
- Passion for data and marketing innovation
- Able to travel
- Languages are a plus
- Previous marketing experience in an international capacity
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.