Content Protection Representative
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group’s Content Protection & Anti-Piracy department has an exciting opportunity available for a Content Protection Representative to support the execution of UMGs (Universal Music Group) global content protection strategies and to assist in the enforcement of UMGs copyrights worldwide. UMGs content protection department is unlike any other and this is a chance to play a pivotal role against IP (Intellectual Property) theft in the world's largest record label.
The Content Protection department provides support to all UMG labels and business units worldwide and across time zones. The environment is often fast-paced and allows for opportunities to work on a diverse array of projects related to the management of audio and video content as well as many other areas of our digital and physical workstreams. This role will suit a dynamic individual with a keen eye for detail and a passion for recorded music. This role requires the successful applicant to work Wednesday to Sunday to better support the release life cycle.
As a Content Protection Representative, you will primarily be responsible for reviewing and assessing UMG content using a variety of internal and external technologies. You will also be trained in the physical, digital, and technical operations of the music business.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Assess & review online uses of UMG digital and physical assets (including publishing), to detect infringement of our rights
- Staying abreast of digital trends related to the recording industry
- Handling inquiries from our internal business units and labels
- Work with our international trade groups to enforce our rights
- Experience working in the Music industry, Digital Media, Entertainment, Technology, or related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Word, and Excel (or similar)
- Highly organised with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Self-starter with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of internet technologies, especially streaming, music platforms and mobile applications
- Strong organisational skills including follow-through and execution
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal & written
- A passion for music and digital music platforms
- Experienced in working with large datasets and / or databases including SQL language (or similar)
- Excellent presentation skills along with a willingness to speak publicly amongst peers and senior managers
- Familiarity with anti-piracy, copyright, and / or trademarks preferred
- Knowledge of Blockchain, NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) and Metaverse technologies
- Fluency in a second language (preferably Russian, German, French, or Mandarin)
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.