Junior QA Engineer
Job title: Junior QA Engineer
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
We are seeking an inquisitive, proactive and ambitious Junior QA Engineer to join the Global Technology team.
You should have some experience in a software testing/QA role and be passioned about improving your knowledge and related skills. You will be responsible for defining, executing and maintaining manual and automated test scenarios.
You will be expected to understand the software testing lifecycle within the project. You must be able to communicate effectively, be proactive and highly involved in team participation.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Define functional and non-functional tests using the BDD approach, ensuring adequate depth and breadth of test coverage
- Creating and maintaining high quality test suites and test cases (in test management tool TestRail for manual testing)
- Maintain automated testing frameworks
- Improve the existing test suite structure and ensure that the content in the test scenarios satisfies and complements the business requirements and contributes to successful test execution
- Actively support Agile development methods and best practices
- Use Jira to track defects and tasks
- Support other testers in their work to ensure the spread of good practice and knowledge
- Assist business test team in UAT
- Experience in Software Testing within a full lifecycle software engineering environment, preferably in an agile or iterative development environment
- Experience of test automation with Selenium, using Specflow and C# or Java (or similar)
- Solid understanding of software testing concepts and methodologies
- Strong hands-on experience of test planning, execution and maintenance of test scenarios
- Hands on experience of REST API and front end web testing including responsiveness
- Experience in defining and executing functional and non-functional tests
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (or similar)
- Understanding of risk identification and analysis
- Great communication skills
- Experience with test automation tools and strategies, REST API Automation (or similar)
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of JIRA & Confluence
- Knowledge of TestRail
- Knowledge of Postman
- Knowledge of Git
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.