Senior Project Manager
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Senior Project Manager of Data & Analytics, is responsible for the successful project management and communication of the UMX-Suite, UMG’s collection of cutting-edge data products. Helping to drive the data revolution at UMG’s labels and providing products to help our artists and artist management community understand and reach their audiences.
UMX Project Management of the UM-X Suite:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Meet with the development team to take detailed briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with product users, theData & Analytics (D&A) senior leadership, as well as senior execs
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Work with development team tech-lead to ensure resource availability,allocation and ensure all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
- Coordinate meetings with artists, managers and labels to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
UMX Product R&D Strategy
- Co-ordinate and help drive global initiatives that result in product improvements, by assisting in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant global stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
UMX Communication Project Management
- Work with D&A senior leadership on effective communication strategies from idea creation to implementation
- Co-ordinate internal communications (new features, newsletters, commissioning videos etc.)
- Manage in-application communications (new features, user guides etc.)
- Liaise with artist, artist managers and internal figures and handle requests for interviews
- Collaborate with third-party marketing professionals and internal journalists to produce copy for articles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-lingual is an asset
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Proven working experience in project management
- Client-facing experience
- Experience creating internal communications
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.