Manager of Business Development
Elias Music (a unit of UMG) is one of the world’s most esteemed original music, audio branding and music licensing companies, is looking for an in-house Manager of Business Development in Los Angeles, CA. All candidates must have a background in client relationship building. The selected candidate will ultimately be required to identify & secure new business in the world of Production Companies, Content Studios, Advertising Agencies, Direct to Brand Creative Teams and other companies that can utilize Elias Music’s services.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Manager of Business Development to discover and qualify potential new clients and build a client base from the prospects that they develop. The person will be responsible for contacting new and established lead sources, utilizing strategic selling skills to ascertain the prospect’s needs in relationship to Elias Music’s product offerings, preparing and sending formal proposals and closing the sale and initiation the production/creative process with the Elias production and creative team.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Secure music licensing and custom music production opportunities.
- Discover and qualify potential new clients.
- Understand and successfully navigate Elias sales and production process including opening statement, ascertaining the prospect’s needs in relationship to the company’s offerings, making music recommendations, customizing and writing formal sales proposals, timely follow up, contract negotiation and consummation of the sale.
- Must be familiar with Elias Music’s music catalog.
- Update and maintain new lead and account information in the company database, ensuring current and accurate company data, contacts and notes of interaction as well as proper coding of leads.
- Provide sales/marketing ideas and feedback to management. Implements and follows up on marketing projects as requested by management
- Attends and actively participates in weekly staff meetings.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Knowledge of music production and post-production services and process.
- Work with Elias producers and creative directors to assist clients in navigating the website and production process.
- Knowledge of music industry/licensing or production music industry a plus.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong customer-focused aptitude with a polite and courteous manner.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative and creative environment
- Superior work ethic and a dynamic, positive attitude
- 3+ years of experience in sales focused in the production space.
- Experience working with or for post-production facilities, editorial houses, production companies, content studios, and advertising agencies.
- Music licensing experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Music, Film/Television production, Journalism, or Business Administration
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer