Editor In Chief (uDiscoverMusic)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for an editor-in-chief to be a part of Universal Music Enterprises under their Content and International team. This role will manage all editorial output for UMG’s consumer-facing brand uDiscover Music, as well as plan storytelling campaigns to engage fans around UMG’s artists and their catalog.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Oversee all editorial output for uDiscover Music
- Must be a Music Lover of all Genres
- Ensure all content is appropriate for UMG as well as meeting editorial standards
- Plan and commission editorial content to support UMG’s catalog releases and activity schedule
- Develop content aimed at engaging new audiences across a broad demographic
- Manage internal and external writers to ensure content is delivered on time and to a high level of accuracy and quality
- Collaborate with the content team to provide editorial support around video and other activity
- Liaise with internal and external PR teams, labels and other parts of UMG to ensure full coverage of UMG’s artists activity
- Ensure all writers are kept up to date with latest site requirements for publishing content
- Ensure all writers are kept up to date and correctly implementing latest SEO requirements
Bring your VIBE:
- Extensive music knowledge and interest especially back catalog, all genres
- Desire to create exciting content to entertain and engage music fans of all ages
- Best in class editing, writing, and headline-writing abilities.
- Ability to work with global teams understanding local cultural differences.
- 5 years prior experience working at a music or entertainment focussed editorial website
- Management and editor-in-chief experience preferable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer