Coordinator, Touring & Special Events
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a candidate to join the Touring & Special Events team. This is a unique, multi-faceted position that primarily assists the Sr. Manager of Ticketing, as well as the department of 4 with administrative and operational support as needed. The ideal candidate will have strong office skills including proficiency with Excel and Word. Knowledge of Ticketmaster, AXS, Vivid, and Stubhub a must. General knowledge of Master Tour and other touring apps a plus, including familiarity with the in-house VIP purchase systems used by Live Nation and AEG. The ideal candidate will have some experience working in tour ticketing or a venue box office and understand the basic concepts of ticket holds, buys, and guest lists within the landscape of the music industry. The candidate should have a full understanding of the roles of booking agents, concert promoters, and live music venues. This is an extremely fast-paced detail-oriented department that requires resourcefulness, poise, a sense of humor, and the ability to work quickly, calmly, and accurately under pressure and intense deadlines. Willingness to field emails and calls after hours as well as to work nights and weekends at live events is a requirement.
How you’ll CREATE:
- The most critical function of this position will be assisting the Sr. Manager of ticketing in placing ticket holds, executing buys, and all communicating with the finance team to ensure payments have been processed.
- Keeping all internal documents and shared drives updated with current ticket buy information.
- Closely track updates on all tours to ensure we have the most current tour itineraries in hand. Cross Reference ticket buys against schedules to ensure no dates are missed.
- Sending daily guest lists to concert promoters and tour managers.
- Handle guest lists for showcases, screenings, and special events.
- Communicate approved ticket totals to Department Point People and track the waitlist requests for all markets.
- Handle hard ticket distribution to staff as needed to include all outgoing FedEx and Messengers for rush situations.
- Help with will call ticket drops and on-site show coverage as needed.
- Assist with securing personal tickets for Senior Executives as needed.
- Assisting tour team with administrative support functions including: electronic travel authorizations, tour support agreement letters, scanning of documents into Uniport, and liaising with finance to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Assist with production of special events such as the annual Coachella and BET Parties, including liaising with vendors and processing invoices as needed.
Bring your VIBE:
- Curiosity, the ability to master new tasks quickly, and a willingness to pitch in on all tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a focus on attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work under pressure while being deadline-focused on multiple projects.
- Strong computer and technology skills – especially proficiency with Excel.
- Resourcefulness and creative problem-solving.
- Ability to work late hours in the field. Should be physically fit enough to tolerate a large amount of walking, standing, and physical work producing events including carrying and installing promotional items and design elements for special events.
- Interest in a wide variety of music including rock, pop and hip hop.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.