Director, Data Strategy - Data Asset Development & Partnerships
Job title: Director, Data Strategy - Data Asset Development & Partnerships
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Director, Data Strategy - Data Asset Development & Partnerships supports the broader E-commerce and Business Development organization through understanding the current and emerging data sources that support a broad set of business needs within Universal Music Group. They will help assess opportunities, incubate and build new offerings based on data. They will develop relationships in a network of data providers with traditional or innovative data assets as well as internal entities within UMG with emerging data capabilities and build collaboration models to ensure mutual benefits. In particular, this individual will focus on helping to build and expand advanced data capabilities and assets across EMEA and APAC. This individual will have high visibility within the organisation and works collaboratively with the rest of the UMG Data Strategy and DTC Analytics team.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Collaborate closely with key UMG stakeholder groups to identify data needs, determine engagement models with data partners, and related activities that contribute to the development of new UMG offerings, assets and solutions that leverage data
- Shepherd the development of new UMG offerings and solutions that acquire and manage 1st party data, in collaboration with business leads
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with diverse potential data providers (traditional and emerging), at various levels, including senior executives, and shepherd the negotiation process with different providers
- Partner with UMG leaders and teams to sell and deliver Data Strategy projects for marketing, labels and artists, including project scoping, approach definition, project management and execution, communication, people management
- Manage day-to-day activity and communication with data partners; serve as a key point of contact on all aspects to make partnerships live
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to support teams in marketing, label and artist project proposals, client discussions, thought leadership, etc., where data expertise is needed
- Expand awareness, knowledge and usage of data partnerships within the firm; communicate use cases, facilitate training, create thought leadership documents, etc.
- Experience working with consumer data.
- Knowledge of e-commerce/retail data and its practical applications
- Experience in developing senior-level engagement and partnerships with major data providers
- Knowledge of consumer data protection compliance and legal frameworks such as CCPA and GDPR
- Self-starter, with high motivation, maturity and personal initiative
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop strong relationships with partners and internal stakeholders
- Ability to interact with and influence senior executives
- Empathy, adaptability, and high personal impact
- Self-discipline for planning and organising tasks, and delivering in an unstructured environment
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.