We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Collect, organize, consolidate, analyze, and summarize large amounts of financial and supplemental data to ensure optimal financial and business decisions
- Create concise narratives surrounding key metric and variance figures to plan and forecast
- Financially support, maintain relationships, and manage multiple departmental budgets under the UMG Technology & InfoSec divisions
- Collaborate with department and business unit leaders to create business cases used to evaluate capital and operational investments
- Identify opportunities and action process and performance improvements internally and across the division
- Work closely with the accounting and AP teams to ensure accurate financial postings and reporting
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Minimum 1-2 years of financial planning and analysis & strategic planning is required
- Understanding of GAAP/IFRS accounting standards and principles is required
- Ideal candidate will have experience financially supporting an organization’s operational unit(s) such as Technology, InfoSec, HR, Facilities, Marketing, etc.
- Experience with the following tools and software used by the team:Excel (macros/general use), Word, Sharepoint, Visual Basic (a plus),Visio, BI (PowerBI, Domo, Tableau), SAP FICO/BW & BO, Hyperion SmartView & HFM consolidation
- Proficiency in ERP systems, Excel, and BI toolsets to facilitate accurate financial modeling and data-driven analytics
- Solid understanding of database/data structure and data-driven analytics
- Ability to communication and present across all levels and layers of the business and key stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with business and financial acumen
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize & multitask in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Results-oriented with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- BA/BS in finance or accounting
- MBA/CPA a plus
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.