Manager, Advanced Operations
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Manager, Advanced Operations to join an innovative, global strategic project team.
The Manager, Advanced Operations will contribute to the company’s global strategic goals through operational process design, business process implementation and digital product ownership. This role will develop a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s global business, digital platforms and end-to-end supply chain processes. In their specific role, the candidate will be a key part of the Advanced Operation team’s ability to operationalize business processes and develop technology to meet the demands of a fast-growing digital music marketplace.
How you'll CREATE:
- Engage with management and business stakeholders/clients to understand project requirements, create workflows and timelines to delivery
- Develop a thorough understanding of UMG’s core business, operational processes and technical landscape
- As required, product manage digital applications. Work with business units to prioritize feature development, drive design requirements with technical teams and manage delivery
- Perform user acceptance testing for digital applications to confirm they are production ready
- Report on project statuses and communicate issues & timelines to management
- Research and determine suitability of 3rd party digital tools to support the needs of the business
- Liaise with various business units to understand processes and digital application needs
Bring your VIBE:
- Undergraduate degree with a focus on data, business, or related studies preferred
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, ability to work independently
- Ability to coordinate tasks and meet deliverables on time
- Flexibility when priorities and timelines change
- Experience in documentation of workflows
- Understanding and experience in Agile development and requirements documentation (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with FIGMA strongly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to the business
- Adaptable and personable with a team player attitude. Intellectually curious with a strong work ethic
- Basic knowledge of how to work with and interpret data (e.g. a strong focus in Excel), along with high aptitude for learning new software programs
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.