Design Director - CRM
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a passionate and experienced Design Director to help lead a team of graphic designers in the development of best in class creative work across social, paid media, CRM and other bespoke projects. The person in this role will both mentor younger creatives, helping to elevate and push their work, and participate in the creation of concepts and development through to execution. Collaboration across departments to guide aesthetic and conceive unique creative solutions that drive successful results for our clients and campaigns is expected. The ability to create strong narratives across different creative touchpoints is also within the purview of this role.
How you’ll create:
- Spearhead development and lead design on a range of creative projects
- Motivate and lead the design team to take work from concept to final execution while meeting goals and deadlines
- Work across a range of artists within diverse genres
- Work in partnership with the larger creative ecosystem to develop campaigns
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide direction
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with marketing and account teams
- Present creative concepts to clients and team members
- Maintain best practices and keep an eye on trends within discipline as well as culture at large
- Collaborate with the Creative Services Director to track team capacity
Bring your VIBE:
- 7-10 years experience in a design or agency setting
- Degree in graphic design, fine art, or related discipline
- Exceptional and innovative design skills across medium and format
- Hands on experience in the creative process – concepting, design development, and execution
- Demonstrated ability and passion for managing individuals and teams across multiple projects
- Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Keynote as well as other design and wire-framing tools
- Experience with Shopify, web technologies and e-commerce is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with many different departments
- Emphasis on being cool under pressure, detail-oriented and able to set priorities for themselves and for other team members in the department
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.