Sr Manager, eCommerce & Label Services (IGA Urban)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Direct-to-Consumer eCommerce is becoming foundational to music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans it’s a pathway to connecting directly with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for an Sr. Manager to join our eCommerce & Label Services group, sitting in a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting D2C initiatives for the urban [Hip Hop/RnB] artists on Interscope Records’ roster. The eCommerce Sr. Manager will sit in UMG’s Santa Monica office at least 2-3 days per week and report to Interscope’s eCommerce lead. They will work closely with teammates representing areas of different cross functional expertise to plan, present, and execute direct-to-consumer programs revolving around artist activity and key events. They will coordinate with various departments within Interscope and UMG to ensure operational components are aligned for the launch and maintenance of eCommerce programs including product launches, customer acquisition campaigns, and more. Ideal candidates are highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, collaborative communicators, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience in either the merchandise or music business is a plus. Understanding of rap and RnB music culture and where it lives is required.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Represent eCommerce within the label & artist community
- Lead eCommerce & Label Services team engagement with IGA’s Rap, Hip Hop, and R&B roster, cultivating strong trust and working relationships across key label partners, including senior leadership.
- Work closely with label stakeholders, merch RO brand managers, and creative lead(s) to ensure ongoing store activity is aligned into broader artist development goals, both on and off-cycle.
- Develop presentations to educate label stakeholders and artist teams on best practices for eCommerce programs.
- Drive label engagement and implementation of core UMG eCommerce initiatives.
- Assist in pitches for new rights acquisition and product types
- Drive eCommerce campaign planning & execution
- Lead store planning, release and program management across IGA’s Rap, Hip Hop, and R&B eCommerce rights - working in collaboration with rights owners to integrate eCommerce into always-on artist planning.
- Organize, project manage, and liaise with multiple cross-functional team members including marketing, creative, production, and store management to ensure deadlines to meet launch dates.
- Ensure programs are optimized to support growth against established KPIs including revenue, rights activation, traffic & marketing, customer experience, and global sales.
- Work with international manager to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders across territories, ensuring teams are briefed and integrated appropriately from planning through to execution and fulfillment.
- Compile and track necessary logistical information for new product/program launches (SKUs, product titles, product descriptions, etc.)
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ year of relevant internship or full-time work experience, preferably in music, entertainment, or eCommerce
- Experience working within Urban music
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow through
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight schedules while maintaining production of high quality work
- Self-accountability to follow-through with proper consistent updates to stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google docs
- Experience with Shopify preferred
- Experience using Monday.com is a major plus
- Experience with physical music releases (e.g. vinyl records, CDs, Box Sets) a major plus, OR experience with merchandise design, production, or retail
- Strong interest in learning more about eCommerce and eCommerce Marketing
- Extra credit if you are at the intersection of cutting edge pop culture and tech. Tell us if you like video gaming, Discord, crypto currency; whatever it is the gets you excited.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.