We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an experienced Change Manager to operate the UMG IT Operations Center. The Change Manager ensures that all changes are managed in a controlled manner, including standard changes and emergency maintenance relating to business processes, applications, and infrastructure. This includes change standards and procedures, impact assessment, prioritization and authorization, emergency changes, tracking, reporting, closure, and documentation.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Establishes the process for change management and ensures that each change follows the complete procedure to ensure minimum disruption to IT services.
- Evaluates all requests for change (RFCs) to determine the impact on business processes and IT services, and to assess whether the change will adversely affect the operational environment and introduce unacceptable risk.
- Chairs the Change Advisory Board (CAB), and ensures the CAB has the information needed to evaluate changes:
- Tables all RFCs for CAB meetings
- Issues agenda and circulates all RFCs to CAB members in advance of meetings to allow prior consideration
- Decides which CAB members will come to which meetings, and who gets specific RFCs depending on the nature of the RFC
- Convenes urgent CAB meetings as required
- Authorizes acceptable changes, either alone or after a CAB has taken place.
- Ensures that changes are logged, prioritized, categorized, assessed, authorized, planned, and scheduled, and are introduced in a controlled and coordinated manner.
- Liaises with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing, and implementation, in accordance with schedules.
- Carefully manages emergency changes to minimize further incidents and make sure the change is controlled and takes place securely. Verifies that emergency changes are appropriately assessed and authorized after the change.
- Maintains a tracking and reporting system to document rejected changes, communicates the status of approved and in-process changes and completes changes.
- Makes certain that approved changes are implemented as planned and ensures that they have met their objectives. Refers back any changes that have been backed out of and have failed.
- Whenever changes are implemented, updates the solution and user documentation and the procedures affected by the change accordingly.
- Analyzes change records to determine any trends.
- Closes RFCs.
- Produces regular management reports.
- Works with Configuration Management to ensure that CI changes are entered in the CMDB.
- Participate in root cause analysis sessions.
Bring your VIBE:
- A minimum of five years of experience in the computer industry with at least two years working in a large enterprise
- Thorough knowledge of IT operations, information technology best practices, and industry trends.
- Professional ITIL based problem-solving approach that includes root cause analysis, corrective action, and buy-in
- Proven ability to work effectively within and across diverse global teams, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- International experience is beneficial. Additional languages are a plus.
- ITIL v3 experience/ practitioner certification in Change Management preferable.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of deployment and implementation methodologies (Agile, EDM, Infrastructure, etc.) of related technical change management experience.
- Experience in project management and knowledge of approaches, tools, and phases of project lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of configuration management principles.
- Familiar with controls and audit compliance/SOX.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent time management and organization.
- BA or BS degree in an IT-related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
- ITIL Certification required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish