Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
How we LEAD:
A UI Developer is passionate about user interface and how it relates to the user’s experience with a product. As a developer, you deliver simple, clean code that is tested and testable. You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices, not only on how it impacts the user but also how it impacts implementation and architecture. You are always looking for better ways to design and develop user interfaces.
As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to individual products, the core software platform, and for meeting the commitments that your team agrees on.
The successful candidate reports to the Manager, Software Development and/or the VP of Software Development and will be based in Victoria, BC.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality software from inception to production in an agile environment
- Work closely with design & product team to implement mockups and user workflows
- Write high-quality code that satisfies our customer’s needs, striving for simplicity, clarity and testability
- Participate in and solicit code reviews, accepting and offering timely and constructive criticism that helps us prevent defects
- Proactively report and fix defects
- Document solutions and processes
- Participate in the Agile Scrum development process
- Follow code quality, unit testing, and documentation standards
Bring your VIBE:
- Working experience with a major single-page app framework (React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience with other JS ecosystem staples (Node.js, Express, Swagger) is a plus
- Experience developing against RESTful or JSON-RPC based APIs
- Familiarity with Git and related branching workflows
- Familiarity with UI prototyping tools such as InVision or Figma
- Exposure to other development disciplines (back-end or mobile development) is a plus
- Experience with software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer