Legal Coordinator, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE) is the world’s leading Latin entertainment company with operations in the United States and Mexico. The company is home to some of the most prolific names in Latin music, including Juanes, Alejandro Fernandez, Marco Antonio Solís, Los Tigres del Norte, Don Omar, Luis Fonsi, Juan Gabriel, Gloria Trevi, Café Tacvba, Belanova and Juan Magan, amongst many others. UMLE’s labels include Universal Music Latino, Machete Music, Capitol Latin, Fonovisa, Disa, Universal Music Mexico and GTS, the company’s artist management and booking division.
How we LEAD:
UMLE is currently seeking a Department Coordinator for the Business & Legal Affairs department based in Miami, Florida. This role will provide paralegal support to attorneys in the company’s Miami and Los Angeles offices.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Provide support to attorneys in the Business and Legal Affairs Department.
- Track department workflow to ensure documents are sent to and received from third parties.
- Assist in preparing standard form agreements and other legal documents; draft and send letters, documents and other routine correspondence as requested.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system in electronic and physical formats for contracts and corporate matters; create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in legal clearance of all audio and video releases.
- Liaise with internal personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and handle administrative matters.
- Assist with periodic reports of all legal matters affecting the company, including liaising with other attorneys and departments within the company.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of experience as a legal assistant and/or paralegal.
- Experience with corporate in-house paralegal strongly preferred.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm or related area preferred but not required.
- Excellente computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and DocuSign.
- Fluency in written and verbal Spanish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Exhibit professional demeanor and sound judgment.
- Follow up on delegated assignments through completion.
- Interact well with all levels of organization with ability to communicate clearly.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is resourceful, is excited to learn, flexible and takes ownership of tasks and projects.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; works well under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.