Royalty Audit Assistant
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
As one of the two assistants in the royalty audit team, you will be involved in all tasks related to the royalty audit process. Amongst other things, this will involve tracking audit requests, dealing with the label teams to investigate audit claims and gathering and analysing royalty information. This is a great role for someone who enjoys problem solving as no two audits are the same and you’ll be faced with different tasks every day. As well as the day-to-day work, you will be dealing with auditors by phone, email and in person during site-visits, so being a good communicator is a great bonus.’
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Tracking audit queries, updating work schedules and maintaining audit files.
- Extracting and manipulating data from UMG royalty systems using Business Objects and other systems.
- Building & maintaining relationships with internal contacts for gathering information.
- Preparation of data for external auditors.
- Producing data analysis for use in audit queries, audit claims and royalty reconciliations.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel. i.e. A good knowledge of lookup formulae, pivot tables, subtotals, filtering etc.
- Successful candidate will be numerate and used to working in a financial environment.
- Experience working in a royalties related role is essential.
- Organised with a flexible approach to priorities and used to working on a variety of tasks with ability to report back on progress.
- Can deliver under pressure, set/meet own goals and work to tight deadlines and is willing to work under their own initiative.
- Very good communication skills.
- Confidentiality essential.
- Although not essential, ideally the candidate will have an interest in music and the music industry.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.