Brand Partnerships & Market Relations Manager
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group is the world’s leading music company. Operating in over 75 countries, UMG is a major actor in the expansion of the digital market and works with over 670 online partners worldwide.
At the forefront of innovation and to provide cross functional incremental revenues to the broader business, a specific division called Universal Music for Brands (https://www.umgb.com/) was established in 45 markets, covering 70 territories, and provides tailor-made entertainment marketing, creative, content and media solutions to many local and global partners.
The central UMGB team consists of specialist teams (insights & consultancy, creative, talent relations, legal, finance) and commercial teams (key accounts, new business and market relations.)
We’re looking for a manager to integrate the market relations team, which is a team of 5 that generates new business opportunities for the central team and markets all over the world.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Identify scalable, local, regional and global opportunities -from markets and prospection- and secure new global partnerships for the central division of UMG&B across existing and new industries
- Support and develop opportunities for UMGB local teams across the world, in particular Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Canada and Australia
- Build commercial offers and budgets for brand partners
- Oversee and own new initiatives for UMGB, at a global level, transversally across all sub- divisions, to generate innovative and distinct revenue streams to the group
- Identify best practices that have been successful and create case studies to turn them in profitable long-term products for our opcos and partners
- Report and analyse information flow from markets and internal stakeholders
- Manage and nurture a constant flow of communications between central office and local UMGB teams (workshops, yearly regional meetings, best practices, pitch support, etc)
- Co-manage the team intern
- Create clear, compelling presentations with PowerPoint to formulate response to brand briefs and to thought leadership conferences
- Proven track record of working in an international environment and in music/entertainment
- Business oriented and strategic mindset
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Foster Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness
- Lead: Positively influence markets to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation, team Player with the ability to display leadership qualities and inspire teams across the globe
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and have a strong sense of initiative
- Good understanding of digital, mobile and social markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (PowerPoint and Excel or equivalent)
- Multiple languages
- Network of brand partners
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.