Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMG International Commercial Affairs is looking for an eCommerce Manager to lead coordination between our global label and international market teams. The successful candidate will liaise with territories to coordinate and execute campaigns globally on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. Reporting to the senior eCommerce manager, you will need a bias for action in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders as you go.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Manage & co-ordinate individual eCommerce campaigns, owning all aspects and working autonomously to meet specific deadlines, driving implementation and adherence to timelines, templates and best practice in order to ensure successful international launches
- Onboard new markets ensuring that they adhere to global campaign standards and best practice
- Be the international eCommerce lead for our global teams, developing key relationships and a deep understanding of international market requirements and key trends
- Participation in the release planning and pre-planning process with labels and merchandise rights holders using feedback from markets to inform launch & product strategies
- Develop and implement new KPI’s that will drive audience acquisition and consumer experience
- Work collaboratively with labels, merchandise rights holders, and international markets to activate eCommerce campaigns using data and insight to help determine market participation
- Liaise with international eCommerce teams on the build and approval of artist stores in line with the repertoire owners needs, advising on best practice as it relates to store design and product selection
- Recommend new international ecommerce planning and project co-ordination processes across global teams and stake holders as required
- Use multiple data sets to analyse and drive better data led decisions in the eCommerce space, working with the insights and analytics teams to leverage historic and audience data where possible
- Help develop our eCommerce channel strategy with digital partners such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Collaborate on specific projects as required
- A commercial and analytical approach to business, focused on delivering results
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to manage multiple workstreams and stakeholders across multiple markets and timezones.
- A comprehensive understanding of digital and commercial opportunities
- The ability to liaise with third parties, to initiate and fulfill initiatives in a proactive manner
- The ability to use data and analytics to make informed commercial decisions
- Organised, structured and systematic working methods to prioritise workload
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines and using their own initiative
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user or equivalent
- Experience of using project management tools and their principles in order to effectively coordinate campaigns
- An understanding of the consumer online experience across various e-commerce platforms
- An interest in consumer insight and the impact on product offerings
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and equivalent
- Mac OS, particularly Keynote or equivalent
- Experience/knowledge of the music industry
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.