Director, International Marketing Urban
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Music Group is looking for a Director, International Marketing, Urban to be a part of the team located in Hollywood, CA. As the Director, you will need to apply strong self-organization and time management skills while demonstrating proactive initiation and follow through on a broad range of actions. This position is ideal for a candidate with 5+ years’ experience in the international marketing urban arena. The ideal candidate possesses a firm working knowledge of international marketing within urban/hip-hop lifestyle and culture.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Oversight of global marketing strategies for artist campaigns in conjunction with label partners around the world, specifically focused on Capitol Music Group’s urban/hip-hop genres via Motown Records, Quality Control & more.
- Ability to assess campaigns and strategically change their course by having an understanding of the process.
- Guide our label partners in creating well thought, globally-minded creative plans.
- Know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist/label partner within the culture of the scene.
- Liaising with all UMG offices globally to conceive marketing and promo
- Advising artist management in their strategic planning with international perspective, timelines, and global schedules
- Domestic and international travel required on a regular basis
- Support international affiliates in obtaining the necessary assets & tools to successfully develop artist brands internationally
- Constant communication between artist management, and international affiliates to regularly update them on development on their projects.
- Guide artist and management through marketing plans and promotional schedules.
- Understanding the data-driven analytics and knowing how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful.
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 5+ years with Urban music or an Entertainment Company with at least 5+ years of experience in International Marketing.
- Thorough and strong communication skills, with the ability to write and present marketing plans to executives and management.
- Ability to forge excellent internal communication with team members and able to build excellent professional working relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Keynote
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to any situation. Able to deal with problems as they may arise
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer