Vice President, Finance (IGA)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you'll Create
- Support and assist with the monthly financial close in coordination with Central Accounting Services (CAS). Including review of results, working with CAS & Corporate Finance to resolve issues, and preparing supporting information / schedules where necessary.
- Coordinate & oversee the preparation of corporate forecasts and the annual plan.
- Point person for Financial Operations (Accounts Payable) team, including review / approval of vendor information, invoices, expenses & rush requests.
- Assist with review of contractual profit split & distribution statements.
- Work with UMG Compliance team to ensure controls narratives are kept up to date & controls testing is completed periodically.
- Special projects as required, including working with other departments across UMG & external partners.
- Expected to enhance and modify models and databases as needed.
Bring Your Vibe
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including advance skills in Excel and Power Point.
- Must possess apolitical experience with monthly close, forecasting, Expenses.
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on evolving workload.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relay information executives and management, while being sensitive to confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
- Music or Entertainment Company experience a plus.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus muchmore!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.