Director, Talent Acquisition
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is currently seeking an innovative and dynamic Director of Talent Acquisition to join the team. This position will work closely with the head of Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion, and other UMG leaders. Responsibilities include creatively establishing strategic initiatives, deep understanding of the organizations hiring needs and acting as a player-coach for team development. Qualified candidates provide strategic thinking with strong communication skills. A strong passion for talent acquisition with highly organizational and problem-solving skills are key components of this role.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Partner with our leaders to develop strategic hiring plans focusing on current and future needs, that brings in the necessary talent to drive our organization forward
- Builds pipelines to proactively identify candidates and present to the business
- Support with recruitment diversity initiatives
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization by utilizing data to drive Recruiter performance
- Foster a strong recruiting culture through consulting with the business on talent needs and building relationships with the business and HR
- Manage a team of 3-4 Talent Acquisition professionals
- Brings hustle to the role because you share our passion for music, artists, and creators!
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong discernment and understanding of what to proactively drive forward and what to escalate/seek support with
- Make strategic decisions regarding your team and initiatives based on data
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and partnership with the Head of Talent Acquisition
- Train and develop a team of Intern Recruiters to consult with the business
- Acts as a partner to the business and across the HR organization
- Act with a strong sense of urgency, be highly organized, resilient, collaborative and demonstrate a capability to function in the “gray”
- Creative problem solver that seizes opportunities to make a difference
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer