eCommerce Business Analyst
Job title: eCommerce Business Analyst
Responsible to: Director of eCommerce
Department: UMUK eCommercE
Location of work: 4PS Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMUK value e-Commerce as a key foundational channel to connect artists and fans. This is a newly created role that will be pivotal in using data to shape our future facing eComm strategy and work within an exciting and rapidly growing retail channel.
The successful candidate will work within the eCommerce team dedicated to providing commercial, customer and eCommerce purchase funnel analysis for the eCommerce team and wider label teams. The role requires the delivery of projects, both solo and team based, covering multiple stakeholders and areas of the business. The candidate will also provide delivers trend and performance analysis across the eCommerce market.
In all cases, the analysis delivered should culminate in key learnings, and where appropriate strategic recommendations, always with the intention of adding value to the business.
The role requires a keen commercial acumen, alongside strong analytical and inter-personal skills, project management and a proactive approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate will have a background in, or knowledge of, using SQL to query data.
The B Side: Skills and Experience
- Deliver established market, eCommerce channel and customer analysis. This can cover all aspects of the business from the conversion metrics with the purchase funnel, from demographic trends to wider revenue tracking
- Design and in time work with others to automate daily/weekly/monthly reporting for the eCommerce business Query data using SQL
- Keep abreast of new eCommerce trends and wider technological, Business Partner and industry developments with a view to how they impact the analysis undertaken by then team
- Deliver ad-hoc project work on our channel for the MD of eCommerce & strategy and broader strategic questions
- Support the UK labels with any analysis requirements and provide pre and post campaign wrap-ups
Be a team player
- Work with the other members of the team, or other departments in the Commercial Division, to support the analytical needs of the business.
- Maintain and build relationships with other analysts in the business, to maximise shared learning
- Prepare and give internal presentations
Education Qualification / Work experience required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (a commercial subject at degree level is advantageous)
- Highly numerate and results orientated with a clear focus on high quality, attention to detail, and profit maximisation
- Excellent IT skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of Google Big Query is desirable
- Proactive and a keen problem solver
- Proven ability to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach
- Experience of working for an eCommerce brand desirable
- A strong understanding of key metrics or inputs that measure success across the business, from eCommerce purchase funnel to customer service success metrics
- Diligent and reliable, capable of managing and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously and to a high standard, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to work on their own as well as part of a team and with management at all levels of the business
- Very familiar with current issues and trends; stays ahead of the game and can produce innovative ideas, approaches, insights and identify opportunities by applying business and industry knowledge
- Technically confident; ideally with a personal interest in new media, digital and all technology; understands key terminology and communicates effectively with experts and novices alike
- Confident in presenting to both small and large groups
- A passion for music and interest in the music industry and wider commercial trends within it a must
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.