Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for an Accounting Manager position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division to support the growing Direct to Consumer (D2C) business and Brand Partnerships business. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting CAS, this position will support the general accounting close cycle of the D2C business and the brand partnership business, as well as provide management reporting and accounting support to both businesses. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of combined frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience, must possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting - CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
How you’ll CREATE:
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including primary responsibility for:
- Primary responsibility for managing the monthly financial close & management reporting of the D2C business:
- Manage BPO staff in Mumbai to ensure deliverables & work quality is consistent with agreed upon SLA’s (service level agreements)
- Liaise with D2C Finance team on monthly merchandising sales reporting, and prepare required schedules for revenue recognition with associated costs
- Review & approve journal entries & analysis prepared by BPO staff in Mumbai; including balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and maintain cash reconciliation process between Merchandising cash receipts, bank account, and revenue recognition
- Review all GL activities for proper accounting
- Review & approve 3rd party payments for artist online store settlements
- Develop and maintain SAP project reports to properly capture D2C Merchandising profitability at an artist level.
- Develop, prepare and maintain management financial package, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
- Provide accounting and management reporting support to the central brands team within UMG commercial services center:
- Develop, maintain and provide project level reports to capture profitability analysis of central brand partnerships
- Develop and maintain proper accounting allocation of brand partnership activity across UMG labels
- Provide monthly management reporting package to the central brands
- Prepare and review monthly accounting entries related to central brand partnerships
- Review all GL activities of central brand partnerships and ensure proper recognition of revenues and expenses
- Provide support to D2C business and central brands finance teams as necessary to assist in the quarterly forecasts and annual plan process
- Liaise with internal & external auditors and prepare audit schedules as required
- Support special projects, process improvement initiatives & annual SOX testing
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting a must, CPA or MBA preferred
- 5 to 7 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar general Ledger applications
- Strong Excel & Word skills required; Access experience a plus
- Music or Entertainment industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.