We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Streaming will support the Director of Streaming / Chief Revenue Officer by managing day-to-day operations with streaming partners including Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music, Pandora, and more.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Support the Director of Streaming in executing strategic streaming plans in conjunction with Artist Marketing Managers for the set-up, release, and overall lifecycle of artists, tracks, albums, and projects.
- Communicate upcoming releases and marketing information to streaming partners
- Select and pitch artists for promotional campaigns at streaming accounts
- Monitor and report playlist adds for priority tracks
- Engage with all partners in meetings and pitch new music for retail placement and marketing campaigns
- Build and maintain deep relationships externally with streaming partner accounts across all functions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal digital teams across UMG
- Contribute to recaps of marketing activity for Streaming campaigns
- Work with the Director of Analytics to analyze consumption and performance of projects
- Build and maintain artist playlists
Bring your VIBE:
- Preferred 2-5 years’ work experience within the music/technology/media industry
- Understanding of Streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, SoundCloud, Pandora, etc.
- Knowledge of Jazz, Classical, and Indie/Folk Music Preferred
- Finger on the pulse of culture, digital, music, and marketing
- Strong communicator, negotiator, and presenter
- Organizational, time management, and prioritization skills; attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through; strives to deliver exceptional results; deadline-driven
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, appetite for learning, problem-solving, and adaptability
- A high degree of comfort in senior executive settings
- Very strong relationship management skills
- Self-confidence whilst being able to demonstrate humility. Respect for others and the desire to work in a highly collaborative, but sometimes challenging environment
- Strong analytical, research, and project management skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple projects, must have strong project management, organizational, time management, problem-solving, organizational development, and analytical skills
- A proactive approach to work, constantly seeking improvement in all areas
- Occasional work travel required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!