Director - IT Business Development & User Enablement
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Director – IT Business Development & User Enablement. In this role, the head of IT Business Development and User Enablement will be directly responsible for communicating key IT strategies throughout the enterprise. The successful candidate will develop effective relationships and partnerships internally and externally to execute on those key strategies. In addition, he or she will oversee user enablement, which includes IT communications.
The role is ideal for a highly motivated, can-do attitude individual who can network and establish relationships, both internally and externally, influence decision makers at all levels and wishes to immerse themselves into the commercial dynamics of a successful company.
- Communicate the strategic direction of the global IT organization to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to extend relationships within the C-suite and to other senior executives and other large partner opportunities.
- To bring entrepreneurial speed and spirit to the business, creativity, and a passion to win.
- Successfully collaborate internally with professionals in the marketing, business development, sales, product management and finance groups to lever the respective strengths and assets of the company to achieve business objectives.
- Lead, motivate and inspire multiple high-performance, matrixed teams to execute on our strategic priorities.
- Partner closely with executive technical leadership at the company to develop communications strategy and vision.
- Work collaboratively with IT leadership to communicate and overcome service challenges as well as joint process improvements to increase service responsiveness.
- Partner closely with executive technical leadership; building and leading a team of exceptional communications professionals; and overseeing the execution of a range of high-impact communications programs.
- Create the Technical Enablement strategy & process for our global IT organization to include, but not limited to, documentation, curriculum, facilitation, and process improvements.
- Extensive travel required across US and internationally.
- Ability to extend relationships within the C-suite and to other senior executives and other large partner opportunities. proven track record as a team player, collaborator, negotiator, and great communicator to influence the shared services of our organization.
- Executive Presence.
- Proven ability to establish credibility quickly, willingness to take action, make decisions and lead.
- Deep understanding of the IT landscape. exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Team oriented, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- High computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent people skills.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior-level relationship management or general management leadership experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in communications.
- A minimum of 5+ years of curriculum design and development, facilitate training oversight of delivery and resourcing.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.