UK Administration Assistant
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The key responsibilities of the UK Administration Department, which encompasses our Copyright, Royalties and Royalty Review business units, are to ensure the efficient and accurate administration and remuneration of music copyrights world-wide on behalf of UMPG and its contract partners (songwriters and original publishers). This new role will support all the UK Administration business units and will therefore have exposure to the end-end process of copyright delivery and management through to royalty payment.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Cue Sheet review and administration
- Facilitate the reconciliation of internal and 3rd party income statements
- Analysing music publishing agreements to extract the necessary information required by the Admin Department
- Providing royalty data and analysis on an ad-hoc basis
- Analysis and interrogation of chart, sales, and broadcast data to assist with royalty tracking
- Identification and collection of missing revenues across multiple income sources
- Handling queries raised by clients, affiliated companies, 3rd parties and collection societies for UK signed repertoire. This will involve both phone work and written responses and will range from simple ownership enquiries through to more complex investigations
- Support provider to all areas of the UK Administration department (Royalties, Copyright, Royalty Review). Liaising and communicating with various business units including Business Affairs as required to ensure the correct administration of our contract partners’ catalogues
- Liaising with the Finance and Global Admin functions where necessary in all matters relating to the processing of Royalty files.
- Responding to royalty statement enquires from writers and publishers
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous copyright and/or Royalty administration experience with a music publishing company
- Experience of inputting song data into a Copyright platform along with an understanding of song registration procedures (CWR and PRS for Music on-line notifications)
- Familiarity with music publishing agreements and associated terminology
- Well-organised with good attention to detail
- A team player but with the ability to use initiative when required
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- An aptitude for logical thinking and problem solving
- Good understanding of the workings of collection societies worldwide
- Experience of registration or works and agreements with the PRS for Music
- Experience with adaptation, translation and arrangement requests
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.