Are you a Data Scientist with 2-5 years' experience, who is interested in working in the dynamic world of music and entertainment?
Universal Music Australia are looking for a Junior Data Scientist/Python developer who can utilise Python and SQL coding skills to consolidate and analyse data from multiple sources: social, radio, video and consumption data from streaming platforms.
Projects and Analysis:
Working in partnership with Senior Managers and stakeholders to develop tailored business solutions:
- Commercial opportunities and levers on and across all digital platforms and it’s users
- Socials and Web analysis, including API data connection and extraction
- Artist and Track performance analysis
- Maintain existing tools to the business
- Strong experience with Python, SQL
- A working understanding of data analytics principles
- Experience in drawing insights and formulating recommendations from data
- Knowledge of mathematical and statistical techniques
- Big picture, strategic thinker
- Comfortable working in a small team, following self-driven lines of enquiry, formulating and testing hypothesis and engaging key stakeholders to build upon the work
- Knowledgeable about digital business, consumer trends, social media and the music industry
- Working collaboratively
- Influencing all levels of stakeholders
- Confident, engaging personality
- An ability to build organizational trust
- Team Player
- HSC or equivalent
- Tertiary level in a business, economics or related field
If the above sounds like you, and you have experience in relevant, transitioning industries, please follow the link to apply. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence + The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!