Manager, Video Strategy
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Ingrooves Music Group, a leader in the independent music distribution and marketing industry, provides independent labels, established artists and other content owners with the most transparent and scalable distribution tools including analytics, rights management services, and thoughtful marketing solutions to maximize sales in today’s dynamic global marketplace. The position of Manager, Video Strategy is responsible for helping manage our company’s relationship with YouTube for Europe and selected additional markets.
The ideal candidate thrives on investigating details and never tires of problem-solving. They love and have extensive knowledge of YouTube. They have extraordinary patience and the willingness to educate people on the nuances of YouTube monetization, optimization and strategy. They are comfortable and knowledgeable discussing music as well as analytics, and their overall goal will be to maximize all promotional and operational revenue for our label partners.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Develop and implement plans for key labels and projects to increase revenue from catalogue
- Help manage Ingrooves YouTube Partner Network claiming process and optimization, with the goal of maximizing all revenue opportunities
- Analyze data to aid insights and identify potential for growth
- Work cross-departmentally and with label partners to handle and resolve ownership conflicts, reference overlaps, transfer requests, disputes and other rights issues
- Manage Ingrooves’ label relationships as they pertain to overall YouTube video strategy, acting as main point of contact for content strategy and optimization, alongside Label Development Manager and/or Country Manager
- Manage and grow relationships with YouTube marketing, editorial, operations and management contacts
- Educate internal and external partners on most current best practices, case studies and partner network information
- Work alongside YouTube Music account managers across assigned territories on label relations, operational issues and promotional opportunities
- Present video strategy basics to prospective labels and partners
- YouTube Music Certification, and at least 2 of the 3 YouTube Certifications (Channel Growth, Content Ownership or Asset Monetization)
- Collaborative, resourceful, positive and organized
- Exceptional communication skills including public speaking, writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of digital entertainment marketplace, industry trends, competitive landscape, differences among markets
- Experience sourcing, interpreting and presenting industry insights and analytics in the sales process
- A passion for all kinds of music, and passion for discovering what moves people to listen
- Languages: English (fluent). Other European or Asian languages
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.