Senior Manager Employee Protection
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Reporting to the Director Physical Security Threat Management (PSTM), the Senior Manager Employee Protection will support or lead the development, coordination and operational implementation of the corporate employee protection program worldwide. The Senior Manager is equally responsible for four PSTM program areas including investigations, facility security, event security and intelligence/threat assessment. The Senior Manager designs synergistic and effective security plans in coordination with key company leaders in Risk Management, Legal Affairs, Human Resources, Global Communications, Facility Administration and the company’s various business lines. This position also supports counterparts in the Global Security Office (GSO) including Business Resiliency, Security Governance and Digital Threat Management. The Senior Manager will develop relationships and leverage external partners such as law enforcement, government agencies, industry peers, private organizations and security service providers.
- Provide expert advice and direct support to business lines as needed for executive security, employee security, facility security, event security and employee training
- Assist or lead the development of global security standards and policies including vetting such policies with company stakeholders and providing advice and support during implementation and maintenance
- Lead or assist in design and delivery of employee training programs such as hostile event response, event security, travel safety, content protection and fraud prevention
- Maintain visibility across the enterprise into security threats, issues and trends that could impact the organization and its critical assets
- Lead corporate investigations and provide case management for identified risks, threats or crimes affecting the company
- Lead event security assessments, planning and management as needed for identified events
- Continuously monitor and assess all areas of the PSTM program to identify successes and areas for improvement
- Actively maintain lines of communication with stakeholders and business units to ensure any areas of concern or opportunities for improvement are quickly identified and addressed
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and evolving trends and technology that support PSTM program goals and/or reduce costs
- Provide recommendations for program improvement and assist with design and implementation of such improvements
- Demonstrated track record of partnering with diverse groups within a large global corporate environment to achieve specific goals and objectives
- Strong strategic and operational capabilities with experience developing and executing tailored security plans to mitigate identified risks
- Demonstrated resiliency, sound judgment, discretion and tact in dealing with challenges and balancing competing interests
- Attention to accuracy as well as the ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- Proven ability to interact with personnel at all levels of an organization
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to frame information so it is actionable by decision makers
- Ten or more years of experience of increasing responsibility within the security field including 3-5 years of experience leading in a comparably sized rapid growth multi-national corporation
- Demonstrated investigative experience to include investigative research, conducting interviews and providing advice and recommendations through verbal presentations or concise written reports
- Demonstrated event security experience with the ability to assess, plan and manage the physical security and content protection measures necessary to conduct large-scale media events involving high-profile celebrities, thousands of attendees and coordination with federal, state, local, private sector and company stakeholders
- Demonstrated facility security experience with knowledge of physical security concepts, systems and technologies sufficient to conduct comprehensive risk and vulnerability assessments and provide recommendations on the design and implementation of security measures to protect employees, events, facilities, assets and intellectual property
- Demonstrated experience in executive protection, pattern of life, residential and workplace risk assessment. Working knowledge of security and logistical considerations for executives engaged in business activities and on travel in the United States or abroad
- Demonstrated experience in risk intelligence identification, collection and assessment to include working knowledge of behavioural threat assessment and case management methodologies. Working knowledge of risk identification services and platforms
- Demonstrated experience soliciting RFPs, evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and managing vendor performance in accordance with any contracts
- Experience leading security activities in the United States and abroad
- Four-year degree or work equivalent
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DisclaimerThis job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.