Lead Database Administrator
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
As Lead Database Administrator (DBA), you will have the opportunity to grow and leverage your technical skills in database administration, engineering, and tuning to manage our database environments. Working directly with application development teams, Windows system engineers, and storage engineers you will be accountable for setting up and maintaining the database environments, performance tuning and ensuring database resources are optimized for performance and cost. A high level of diverse technical skills for troubleshooting and problem analysis is required, along with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to quickly and effectively resolve operational issues. This position requires established and proven database support experience in a global network environment. In addition to having strong technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Database design, construction, & implementation
- Collaborative design & development with programmers and business analysts
- Capacity planning, monitoring, and upgrade implementation
- Performance monitoring & tuning
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in new database related systems and technologies (e.g. Azure, SQL on Linux, NoSQL and PowerShell)
- Optimize database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost
- Ensure that UMG’s database standards are communicated and enforced
- Ensure architectural, quality, and governance adherence
- Problem analysis, diagnosis, and implementation of resolutions
- Provide 24x7 system database administration support
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience.
- ADABAS knowledge desired
- ITIL Foundation Certification strongly desired
- International experience is beneficial. Additional languages a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience required.
- IBM AIX Administration – v7
- IBM certified specialist – Power Systems (pSeries)
- Working knowledge of IBM HCM
- Working knowledge of IBM LPAR technology
- Oracle Certified Professional or Master
- Working knowledge in Oracle database administration, configuration, tuning and performance tasks as well as working with Oracle Data Guard
- Organization - Follows department development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written)
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Tactical execution - demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
- Solid interpersonal skills, including a desire to work within a highly matrixed, team-oriented environment
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Demonstrated performance monitoring and tuning ability, including an aptitude to lead the diagnosis and resolution of performance problems within a large-scale, complex infrastructure
- Expertise in one or more of the following: database partitioning, database compression, data encryption, replication, disaster recovery, and database security
- Knowledge of all facets of database administration through the complete application development project life cycle (requirements definition, design, implementation, and operational support)
- Ability to lead team projects
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish