Director, Digital Marketing
Verve Label Group is comprised of some of the greatest label partner imprints in jazz, classical, and beyond including Decca Records, Decca Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, ECM, Impulse!, Verve Records, and Verve Forecast, among others. VLG’s current roster includes Jon Batiste, Max Richter, Cynthia Erivo, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank and the Bangas, Andrea Bocelli, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham, and many more.
How we LEAD:
Verve Label Group is currently seeking a Director, Digital Marketing. The Director will play a key role in leading the strategy and implementation of digital marketing campaigns to help our artists deliver music to their fans. Your role will ensure discovery and consumption of Verve Label Groups’ artists’ music and content through digital marketing platforms. Position requires interaction with members of senior management and other high-level internal and external contacts.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead a team of four digital marketing managers and coordinators.
- Develop, create, manage and execute digital marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of artists.
- Drive audience awareness, strategy and growth for all artists through advanced strategy, promotion, activity, and relevant content across Instagram, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, SnapChat, TikTok, and others as needed.
- Manage VLG’s relationship with key digital and social media partners and secure opportunities with partners across the roster.
- Manage relationships with key third party partners for content creation, social media plans and influencer campaigns.
- Identify and evaluate innovation, new technology, consumer trends, and new models of engagement, to increase music streaming.
- Track, analyze and utilize campaign, social data, consumer behavior online, and audience awareness to help optimize digital marketing efforts.
- Monitor and evaluate strategy on a consistent basis to ensure plans and objectives are met
- Partner with various internal/central teams to leverage online communities, run sweeps, build CRM lists, and study analytics to ensure informed marketing decisions are being made.
- Push content to top tier music, genre specific, lifestyle, and social media sites to reach more consumers.
- Articulate digital marketing strategy and recommendations in meetings and proposals.
- Manage relationships with top-level artists, managers, and other partners.
- Drive direct to consumer revenue from recorded music sales, merchandise, ticketing, advertising, and subscription.
- Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth marketing opportunities with the goal of driving traffic, fan acquisition, and creating brand awareness for artists.
- Work with visual and art departments on creative digital content, optimization, and scheduling.
- Partner with internal departments (marketing, programming, production, press, sales and analytics) to execute effective interactive strategies.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on analytics and creative content.
- Strong analytical background.
- Prior social media experience with artist and/or brands, and a demonstrated understanding of the music industry and digital music space trends.
- Must be immersed in music culture and have strong pre-existing relationships with key tastemakers and influencers.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams (strong project management, organization, and communication skills).
- Ambitious individual who is a self-starter requiring minimal direction.
- Excellent communication skills are a must. Candidate will present campaigns to and contextualize results for a broad audience every week.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, takes initiative and work independently
- Candidate must be motivated, creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and accustomed to working under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.