Sr. Systems Maintenance Analyst (2nd Shift)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an exceptional Senior Systems Maintenance Analyst to play a critical role in the mission of the Operations Center. The core purpose of the role is to ensure that our applications, platforms, and infrastructure are effectively monitored for availability, performance, and functionality, and that alerts driven by our monitoring systems are accurate and actionable. To succeed in this role the post-holder needs to be creative clever, passionate and love building new solutions.
How you’ll CREATE:
The responsibilities of this position include the following functions:
Support and Maintenance
- Resolve Support Tickets
- Serves as primary escalation point for the UMG Application communities and Sourcing Provider(s) for operational issues, ensuring timely resolution & communication. This includes utilization of discretion and judgement to ensure correct escalations and resources are engaged to solve problems at hand.
- Ensure Root Cause Analysis for any critical service issues is completed as appropriate. Provide feedback and ensure agreed recommendations are implemented.
- Conduct scheduled patching on infrastructure
- Perform backup and restore operations as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation, and as such, work out of standard business hours will occasionally be required.
- Responsible for keeping the services running 24/7 and putting processes in place to meet or exceed service SLAs
- Monitor infrastructure operational alerts e.g. environmental, server performance and devices. Escalate as necessary within the ITIL framework.
- Ensure compliance with incident, problem, and change management procedures and standards to ITIL standards by all Sourcing Provider(s)
- Utilizing an ITIL based approach for service management, produce management reports and statistics (weekly/monthly/quarterly), evaluating and making suggestions for improvements in the infrastructure. This includes operational reports such as performance, capacity, break/fix, etc.
- Participate in UMG’s in scheduled Disaster Recovery activities as required
- Document processes and critical information
- Attend technical project review meetings as needed to ensure project technical designs meet UMG’s operational requirements and are in compliance with UMG infrastructure and security standards
Bring your VIBE:
- Familiarity with Cloud Management Platforms (RightScale, Nagios, CliQr, Scalr)
- International experience is beneficial. Additional languages a plus.
- At least two years’ experience in infrastructure monitoring
- Must possess strong people skills and the ability to be both diplomatic and firm
- Familiarity with operating system administration and tools including: Microsoft, Mac OS X, Linux, Python, Powershell, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting (*nix Shell, PowerShell, Python, PHP, etc) to develop automation and reporting
- Practical (hands-on) grasp of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and Microsoft (Windows Server, IIS, MS SQL) technologies
- Exposure to monitoring large cloud server infrastructure on AWS and/or Azure
- Clear understanding of AWS-specific services and terms (EC2, S3, RDS, AZ, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail)
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Communicate clearly in both the written and verbal mode to technical and non-technical audiences
- Manage time well in a high-interrupt operational environment. Handle the details of several technical tasks simultaneously.
- Customer and service delivery oriented
- Be an excellent and creative problem solver
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience.
- AWS, MCSE, other professional certifications desired
- ITIL Foundation Certification strongly desired
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish