Senior Network Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a network engineer that will be a key member of our IT Operations Team by applying their networking skills and understanding of how networks really work in a global enterprise to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the UMG Global Network. Strong technical skills for troubleshooting and problem analysis are required, along with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to quickly and effectively resolve operational issues. This position requires proven network support experience in a global network environment. This includes working knowledge in network technologies, LAN/WAN/Wireless technologies, VOIP and Collaboration Solutions, remote access solutions, network security, identity management, DNS, DHCP, network performance analysis and capacity planning, and experience with network monitoring tools.
In addition to having strong technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end-users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Diagnose and solve problems by providing technical knowledge, frequently under time constraints and business pressure
- Provide detailed network performance analysis for application traffic
- Work with network vendors and global/regional IT groups to resolve problems compliant with SLAs
- Support firewalls and the remote access environment, including client VPN
- Conduct maintenance and patching of the operational environment with appropriate testing
- Support of the Design and Build teams within UMG for large projects
- Assist in the implementation of new networks and upgrades while ensuring they are compliant to UMG standards
- Provide Wide Area Network reliability, availability, and performance reporting
- Maintain high-quality network documentation
- Maintain and implement high-quality operational standards, processes and procedures
- Maintain network redundancy, backup and recovery processes, and disaster recovery procedures
- Build partnerships and trust with other information technology areas, vendor technical staff, and customers in the business units.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service
- Maintain & enhance knowledge of key technologies
- Participate in on-call rotation, and as such, work out of standard business hours will occasionally be required
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience
- International experience is beneficial. Additional languages a plus
- ITIL Foundation Certification strongly desired
- Established and proven experience providing WAN & LAN support in diverse environments for a minimum of five years
- Proven experience providing WAN & LAN support in diverse environments for a minimum of five years
- Cisco Certification (CCNP or higher)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge, understanding, and experience with the following:
- Network infrastructure (WAN, MAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, QoS for Data, Voice, and Video)
- Network protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, IPSec, etc.)
- MPLS / VPN / Hybrid WAN / SD-WAN / Metro Networks / leased lines
- Network Hardware (Cisco routers and switches, cabling, Palo Alto firewalls)
- Deep understanding and experience with network configuration related to Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Basic understanding of Network Automation tools and methodologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Ability to code in common scripting language, Python preferred
- Network performance analysis and reporting
- Remote Access solutions (client VPN, small office VPN, business to business VPN)
- Network security (firewalls and security monitoring)
- Public and private DNS (Microsoft/AWS Route 53), DHCP
- Network Monitoring & troubleshooting (PRTG, Nagios, MRTG, Wireshark, NetFlow, Riverbed Profiler, SNMP)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, 2 Factor Auth, TACACS, Cisco ACS, Radius, PEAP)
- VOIP and Collaboration Systems (Skype for Business, Teams, Slack, Avaya)
- Operating systems: Microsoft (Server and Desktop), Mac OS X, Linux
- Microsoft Office 365 & Visio Professional
- Experience developing and following Incident, Change, and Problem Management processes within an ITIL based framework
- Understanding of basic Dev/Ops methodologies including sprints, scrums, and workflows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work effectively within and across teams, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with people from different cultures and diverse backgrounds
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish