Director, Data Analytics
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Capitol CMG team is looking to fill a Director, Data Analytics & Research role to lead the data and analytics function of the global leader in Christian Music. This exciting role provides opportunities to work cross-divisionally with a very dynamic team in the music industry.
In this data-heavy role, we are seeking a data practitioner with technical expertise, proven partnership skills, people management experience, and the ability to communicate actionable insights clearly and concisely to all departments across CCMG to help support data-driven decisions by local management.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Drive the overall roadmap for Data & Analytics at CCMG, and direct overall company-wide Data strategy, initiatives, and objectives.
• Work closely with various stakeholders to fully understand business requirements, departmental needs, and desired outcomes of all data initiatives across CCMG
• Play a critical role in expanding the data-informed culture across the various teams at CCMG
• Key participant in all new data procurement and data governance initiatives on behalf of CCMG
• Develop and execute data initiatives to ensure best practices across CCMG
• Apply sophisticated data modeling techniques and tools to analyze large data sets and derive predictive analytics
• Interpret key patterns in complex data sets to formulate and communicate key insights
• Equip frontline marketing teams with quick, concise, and actionable data points to help communicate insights to artist and management partners
• Deliver data-first insights that challenge conventional assumptions and thinking
• Deliver actionable information to increase revenue streams and drive new sources of revenue
• Prepare presentation decks for senior leadership to disseminate key data analytics & research findings
• Responsible for being a trusted subject matter authority in data analytics & research initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Recent proven project management experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
• Proven experience in formulating insights for both internal and external stakeholders and translate into risks and/or opportunities
• Superior storytelling skills to communicate complex information to creative and marketing audiences
• Experience with statistical analysis, application, and concepts like predictive analysis and data mining
• Intermediate proficiency in SQL and programming/scripting languages (e.g.: Python and R)
• Intermediate proficiency in data analysis tools such as SQL, Domo, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Big Query, etc.
• Advanced user of Microsoft products with a heavy emphasis on Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
• 5+ years in data analytics & research roles, preferably with an entertainment/digital company
• Experience contributing in an environment where data is used for active decision making
• Strong track record of both technical competencies and business strategy
• Experience in building, managing, and leading a data analytics & research team
• Extensive knowledge of the current music industry trends
• Familiarity with Nielsen Soundscan/Music Connect or other music industry related databases (e.g. BuzzAngle, Chartmetric, etc)
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish